Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday!

I can't believe that another year has come and gone and now my little girl is three years old. She is growing up so fast and sometimes it makes me a little sad. But I absolutely love the age she is at right now, watching her learn new things and being able to talk to her and tell her things that she now understands and remembers.
I had a lot of fun planning her birthday this year. A princess theme seemed perfect for her this year as she is constantly asking her dad or Grandpa if they will be her prince and dance with her or asking Grandma and I to play the part of the wicked step-mother and step-sister so that she can be Cinderella. When I made her invitations the excitement started and she loved them so much it was a little hard for her to give them away.
This year Hailey decided that she wanted to wear her "princess dress" to her party and I was a little surprised that she wore it all night long.

Hailey loved her princess cake. It actually didn't take me as long as I thought it would, probably because I didn't do anything fancy with the frosting like is showed in the picture. But this is my kind of cake... just frost the cake and put on the castle pieces and tada... instant princess cake. I also made some princess wands out of star-shaped rice krispie treats and sticks. They turned out so cute and it was the first time I have ever made rice krispie treats that didn't turn hard as a rock the next day.

It was a great birthday and we want to thank everyone that came. We love you all!!!

9 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Hailey, we love you so much! Min you are such a great party planner, it was fun for the small and the tall. Thanks

Lace said...

Happy Birthday! Mindy you are so talented! The invitation is beautiful and the cake is too-even if it wasn't that hard, it looks amazing! Ayla has that same shirt that Hailey is wearing in the last picture, they are little twinners for reals! I think it's so funny, when ever you ask Ayla what her friends name is if she doesn't know she always says Hailey!!!

Ashley King said...

That princess cake is sweet! Luh-key! :) Happy birthday sweet Hailey girl!

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Very true. I think he might be there a little. Doesn't talk back does completely ignore you! We had fun! I hope that shirt fits Hailey. Looks like she had a great Bday with your family!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweet girl...she is just growing up so fast!!

Matt and Marti Jo said...

Holy Cow I can not believe that she is already 3! You are such a cute mom! her invitations and cake turned out so cute!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Hey Mindy it was so much fun seeing you guys the other night. Here is the studio's blog with some info www.academyofdance01.blogspot.com the address is on the website and if you are coming from South Jordan just take Bangeter, then turn left onto 13400 s. after the wal-mart it will be the 2nd street on your right (Arosa Way) then we are the first house on your right hand side. 3427 W. Chatel Dr. (13430 S) Anyways have her try it out and if she doesn't love it no big deal!

RussNatEvans said...

Oh my heck, I just came across your blog! Its been forever since I've talked or seen you! Congrats-twins will be so fun! I want to have twins someday. Russ and I just had our baby in Jan.

Merilee said...

Hey Mindy,
Doesn't it feel weird to have a three year old! Happy Birthday Hailey! She is adorable.
Thanks for your comment on my photo blog. I would LOVE to do photos of you twins after they are born. email me and we can talk some more. mertru57@gmail.com
:)