Monday, August 30, 2010

Vegas Baby!

We went down to Las Vegas for the Cole family vacation this month. Hailey went down a day early with my parents and Friday night everyone went to the Tournament of the Kings. She loved it and was so excited to tell me tht she had to cheer for the dragon and eat her food without any forks or spoons.
After feeling like I had packed up the whole house and then some, we drove down early Saturday morning. I was hoping that the boys would fall asleep for at least a couple hours since they usually take a really good morning nap, but they only slept for about 20 minutes. Despite refusing to sleep and a few minor tantrums, they did better than I had expected them to. I snapped a few pictures of them messing around with their feet, and the other picture melts my heart. Every once in a while you will catch them holding hands in the car; it's crazy for me to think about how strong the bond is they have together.


Most of our time was spent hanging out by the pool. A couple weeks ago Hailey started taking swimming lessons but seh had only taken a few so she was still hesitant to go completely under the water. But by the third day she had built up her confidence and just decided that she wanted to go under the water and swim. After that we couldn't keep her above water.
Saturday night all of the boys went to see the Rush concert. Greg isn't a fan, so he decided to opt out on the boys night. Sunday night the girls al went and saw La Reve at the Wynn hotel. It was such a incredible show and there really aren't words to describe how amazing it was. Originally Greg and I were going to take Hailey to see the Tournament of the Kings, but since she had already gone Greg and I decided to go see Ka by ourselves, which was also an awesome show.
Like always, I wish I would have taken more pictures of everyone. This "having three kids" thing never seems to get any easier.


8 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

It is about time you posted something new/ I am so glad Hailey has gotten to like swim lessons! Looks like you guys had a blast! The boys are so cute to each other despite the biting!

Anonymous said...

OK...the holding hands pic was absolutly adorable. they are so precious. Glad you guys got to get away:)

The Viehweg's said...

That pic of the boys is adorable! Looks like a really fun trip.

Ashley King said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm jealous you went to Ka. The pic of the boys holding hands almost makes me tear up, it is seriously that cute!! Glad they did well on the drive, that long of a car trip is definitely scary with one-year-olds.

Jake and Kim said...

Alright, really? They hold hands? That's amazing. Your cute kids are all so cute and always happy!! What a fun trip!

Matt and Marti Jo said...

Fun! I can't believe you have three kids! It is still crazy to me! When do you want to hang out? We need to!

Anonymous said...

what a fun trip! thanks for sharing. that holding hands picture kills me. your kids are amazing!

Kat said...

Wow, they are so big, and it's cute to see them holding hands and chewin on their little feet :) I'm glad you guys had fun! Kudos for getting what pics you did!