Thursday, July 31, 2008

I let my kid play with fire, who doesn't?







Here are a few pictures from the 4th and the 24th. As with everything else, Hailey was very opinionated on what she liked and what she didn’t. She hated the screamers, thought the fountains were alright, liked playing with the sparklers, but what she loved most was when her daddy would light the flowers and then throw them. She asked us over and over if she could throw them and kept asking for more. (In fact when we ran out we had to lie to her and tell her we would get some more another day because she was so upset and it was the only way we could reason with a tired two-year-old.) If I would have known that I wouldn’t have spent the money on the fountains and I would have just bought a ton of flowers to keep her entertained for a while.

3 comments:

Kristal said...

I would totally let my kid play with Fire! She looks so happy and so big! She is growing up right before our eyes. I hope she always know that Alexa, Kristal and I love her!


Christian & Kristal & Alexa

Matt and Marti Jo said...

So me and Hailey have the same taste in fireworks :) Look like you had fun!

Tony said...

That sounds nice. Our street had a ton of those illegal fireworks so all Ayla heard was a loud boom and an even louder POP!!! She was very overwhelmed, so next time we will just stick to flowers as well. And hide from those loud ones. We need to have a party with ayla and Hailey. Maybe like a 2 1/2 year old fake excuse to throw a party kind of party.