
Alright, so it isn't "me first" or "gimme, gimme" but recently Hailey has started saying "no, I do it myself". Ahh, one of the many perks of parenthood. Things that I have never given a second thought to before have now become some of the biggest events of our day. I never knew it could take so much time to put on a pair of socks! And I never knew how serious things like this are to a two-year-old. The other day I put in a movie for Hailey to watch before she went to bed. Usually I let her push the "close" button on the dvd player, but instead I put in the movie and started it. What was I thinking? Well, the truth was I wasn't thinking because before now starting a movie didn't require thinking. Well, what I had done was truly offensive and Hailey had a major meltdown. (She was also really tired which meant that she was beyond reason.) So, at that point there was nothing left for me to do except go over and stop the movie, pull out the dvd so that I could put it back in and let her push the "close" button. Like magic the crying stopped. ~Sigh~ I can't believe I went through all of that over Hailey taking claim to a button!!!
6 comments:
Oh, I hear ya! Margo has to do everything herself. Sometimes it drives me crazy because I don't have time to everything "her way" Toddlers, gotta love em.
Mindy, great post. I can totally relate. It only gets better;)
That seriously made me and Christian laugh so hard! She is so cute! And growing up so fast.
ha this is totally funny!! only cause it's not happening to me at 9 at night...if it were i doubt i would be giggling!! ~grin~
I think it's funny our girls are so much a like! We're so at that same stage here! "I do it mom!" Cute stories!
Okay...so I don't have any kids to relate with you here, like everyone else seems to, sorry. I just wanted to comment on how cute the picture was!! I love it! I can tell you're teaching Hailey all she needs to know. Peace all the way! :)
Post a Comment